Thursday, February 8, 2018

Journey Scrapbook Page


Journey Scrapbook Page



I started with a 11x11 brown base.  I layered a 10x10 patterned paper onto the brown base. I tore a V shape on the right side of the pattern paper and rolled the paper back. To the center I created three layers 4.5 x 6.5 in brown, 4.25x 6.25x in tan and then cut a panel from the Camelia Carnation paper pack down to 4x6 and layered it in place of a photo so this would make a cover scrapbook page for a travel album.  I layer a 1” brown border along the bottom to ground the car. One tag was tucked behind the border and one tag on top of the border. Both tags were popped up at the top to create dimension.  I stamped, die cut and inked up the car with blue distress ink. I put clear Nuvo on the windows to make it look like real glass and also on the hub caps to make then stick out a bit. I colored the flowers and greenery in the car with copic markers and added a bit of glitter to the flowers. The flowers I created were cut from the camelia carnation on foam paper and then inked up with distress inks. I then heated and shaped them adding a pearl to the center of the bigger ones. The greenery was also cut from foam paper. I used the die from the simply classic set for the greenery. Next I stamped Journey onto the background paper also from the simply classic set. I then stamped journey again on white paper , then die cut it out and inked it up with some blue and purple. I created a flower arrangement near the torn V shape and also added a some flowers and greenery  around the sentiment Journey.  I tucked some leaves behind one of the tags. I added some blue and purple ink to the butterfly, tags and background paper.

No comments: